A day at the amusement park should be a fun and carefree experience. However, accidents can and do happen. Whether these accidents were caused by operator error or a mechanical failure, it’s important to speak with an amusement park accident attorney to find out if you have a case. David R. Heil, PA, has represented countless people who were injured at Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, EPCOT, and more.
Theme park representatives will likely try to downplay the seriousness of your injuries and may even deny that their park was at fault. Don’t let them take advantage of this vulnerable time. Get in touch with our amusement park injury attorney in Orlando, FL, so we can review the details of your case and determine how to proceed.
What kinds of injuries occur at amusement parks?
There are countless ways to be injured at an amusement park or theme park. Rides malfunction and throw riders from their seats. Roller coasters derail or water slides collapse, causing serious injuries or even death. Park employees may fail to properly secure guests in their seats or harnesses, leading to them falling out or being thrown from the ride.
These are just a few examples—in reality, any number of things can go wrong and cause an accident. If you were injured at a theme park, our amusement park attorney in Orlando, FL, has helped individuals with the following injuries:
- Sprains and strains
- Skull fractures
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Wrongful death
What happens after an amusement park injury
Families and individuals go to theme parks expecting to have a good time. However, people should be prepared in case an accident does occur. Here’s what to do if you or a loved one is injured inside a park:
- Get medical attention immediately, even if the wounds seem minor. A full evaluation from a professional is necessary for the purpose of documentation.
- Do not speak with park representatives until you have spoken with an attorney. Their team members will likely downplay the seriousness of the injury or try to deny that their park was at fault.
- Gather the names, phone numbers, and contact information of witnesses who saw what happened. Their testimonies could be crucial in proving your case.
- Take photos of the area, if possible. This will help document the conditions that led to the accident.
- Call Heil Law as soon as possible. Our attorneys represent individuals who were injured in major theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
What to expect from an amusement park accident case
You may be entitled to full compensation for medical bills and lost wages if you were injured in an amusement park accident. The amount of money received depends on the severity of your injuries and how the accident occurred.
Theme park cases can be complex, and you should have the right attorney on your side. Heil Law has represented people who were injured in many kinds of accidents, including those caused by:
- Ride malfunctions
- Operator error
- Mechanical failure
- Improperly secured harnesses or seatbelts
- Defective equipment
- Inadequate safety measures
Whether your accident occurred at Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, or EPCOT, call David R. Heil, PA, for a quick consultation in Orlando, FL. Our attorney will review the details of your accident and provide the compensation you deserve.