Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
While motorcycles are fun to ride for joy, recreation or social purposes, it is a fact that even the most cautious rider can become a victim of a motorcycle accident. With motorcycle riding only becoming more popular, the instances of accidents are also on the rise. It has been the popular belief that those who ride motorcycles are irresponsible drivers, but the fact is that people who are not properly aware of their surroundings while driving cause most motorcycle accidents.
If an individual does call the victim to a motorcycle wreck, they should always seek the counsel of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. I have proudly been representing those injured on motorcycles as the premier Orlando motorcycle attorney for over 30 years and have been witness to the emotional and financial distress that these situations can cause families. With counsel from a lawyer who is knowledgeable in both the insurance and legal circumstances surrounding a motorcycle accident, victims and those they care about can seek the financial compensation they deserve for going through such a horrific ordeal.
I am an Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I represent those who are involved in a motorcycle accident in and around the Orlando Metropolitan area. If you were on one of the many highways or roads in our city, reach out to me and I will personally meet with you to discuss your case at one of my offices, the hospital or your place of residence. I can assure you that your case will be handled personally by myself; not an investigator, case manager or paralegal. It is this kind of personalized service that I pride myself on and that has allowed me to be successful in Orlando, Deland and all of Central Florida area for over 30 years now. Please fill out the contact me information provided on this page to get a free consultation regarding the situation surrounding your motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle collisions: I have had the privilege of successfully representing individuals who have been injured as the result of others negligence while driving a motorcycle for over 30 years in Central Florida. There are many reasons for such collisions, but rarely are they an “accident”. The reasons vary from simply daydreaming, to texting, to intoxication. We all understand that motorcycles are harder to see on the road than other types of vehicles and require drivers to pay extra attention, unfortunately, many do not. The results are unfortunately the same; you have now been forced to suffer because of someone else not being responsible while driving a vehicle.
You have many rights in regard to the collision:
- You have had or will have medical expenses as a result and these will continue. Under the Florida No-Fault law, your own motorcycle insurance may initially cover at least a portion of your expenses. Whether it will and the actual amount that your own insurance company will vary with the policy you purchased. I will be glad to review your policy and explain what you are entitled to receive and make suggestions on how you may improve your coverage. Remember that Florida has very weak laws in regard to mandatory vehicle insurance and you need to protect yourself.
- Any unpaid medical bills will be the responsibility of the driver that injured you.
- Many times an injured person is worried about running up a medical bill or unable to pay medical bills as they go through treatment. I am many times able to find a doctor to provide treatment and who will wait until the conclusion of the case to be paid, so that you will not need to pay as you go, but still get the medical treatment you need and deserve.
Damage to your motorcycle
- Property damage insurance in Florida is mandatory. The process of having your motorcycle repaired is a simple one.
- You pick out the shop that you want and have them do the repairs. You have the absolute right to have your motorcycle repaired where you want, no one else can tell you different.
- Many times the insurance company for the negligent driver will recommend, provide incentives, guarantees or in the extreme cases demand that you go to a shop of it’s choosing. Do not go to any shop you recommended by an insurance company! These shops have prior agreements with the insurance company and you will lose control of the repair of your motorcycle and will get a substandard repair as a result.
- You may also be entitled to recover for any diminished value to your motorcycle as a result of being in a collision.
What you are entitled to for your injuries
There are a number of items that you are entitled to recover as a result of your injury:
- Unpaid medical expenses: Any unpaid medical expenses are the responsibility of the negligent driver.
- Lost Wages: The negligent driver will be responsible for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering and other intangible claims: If your injuries continue you will be entitled to recover for your other injuries, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, inconvenience and other changes in your life due to the injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Miscellaneous expenses: You are entitled to recover for any other expenses that you incur as a result of the collision, these are items such as prescriptions, medical devices etc.
Please call me today to further discuss your rights.