The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is almost ready to announce the addition of the I-4 corridor – Express lanes. These lanes will provide travelers with a faster and more efficient way to travel in Seminole and Orange counties. Local residents should be aware of these changes to avoid confusion and possible auto accidents.
Orlando personal injury attorney, David R. Heil, has helped victims of car accidents, including those caused by distracted or impaired drivers on the interstate and expressway. Heil Law has compiled the following information to inform readers about these new I-4 Express lanes and how they may impact our community in the future.
Check out the I4 Express lane Route: Click Here
What you need to know about the new Orlando I-4 Express lanes
The FDOT is in the final stages of construction on the I-4 Express as part of the I-4 Ultimate overhaul. These lanes are a major construction project and are expected to open by the end of February 2022.
There are no physical toll booths as part of the I-4 Express but will cater to people with an E-Pass or SunPass. Tolls will start at around $3 and eventually, the FDOT will set tolls according to traffic volume.
The new express lanes will help manage congestion on the interstate and provide drivers with an option to access areas in Orlando. But as we mentioned, drivers will need to pay special attention to the express lanes and be sure to avoid any incidents that could lead to a car accident.
Tips to avoid car accidents on the new Orlando I-4 Express Lanes
Even though the new express lanes are designed to reduce car accidents in Florida, there are steps that everyone should take to ensure safe travel. Drivers can help protect themselves through the following:
- Stay awake: It sounds simple enough to stay awake on the road. But for those who drive long distances, it is important to remain alert and aware of your surroundings. If you start to feel tired while on the I-4 and the Express Lanes, find a safe place to exit and call for assistance if needed.
- Avoid distractions: If you are easily distracted on the road, consider putting your phone out of reach. Distractions can be dangerous when driving, especially on the express lanes.
- Be aware of your speed: While these new lanes do help manage traffic flow, car accidents in Orlando will still happen. If you are going faster or slower than the flow of traffic, this will increase your risk of a collision.
- Never tailgate: Tailgating is never safe and can increase your chances of a rear-end collision. Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. If you are stuck behind a vehicle for an extended period, try to switch lanes if it is safe to do so.
- Stay alert while merging: Make sure you pay close attention while merging onto the I-4 Express Lanes and adjust your speed to the natural flow of traffic. If you are unsure how to merge on or off the new I-4 Express Lanes, consider contacting FDOT for advice before your trip.
- Recognize emergency vehicles: FDOT created special rules and regulations for emergency vehicles on the new I-4 Express. If you encounter an emergency vehicle, move out of the way as quickly and safely as possible.
What should I do after an auto accident on the Orlando portion of I-4?
If you get into an accident on I-4, take care of yourself and your passengers first. You should also call for assistance and determine if there are any personal injuries or damages to your property. Here is what you can do after a collision in Orlando:
- Make sure everyone is unharmed: Even minor injuries can get worse without proper care. Call 911 immediately if someone is injured or begins to feel sick after the accident.
- Collect evidence: Remember to document the incident thoroughly. Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other car involved. If there are witnesses, ask for their contact information so you can speak with them later.
- Call a law enforcement official: Police officers can also document the accident and file an official report. They can also assist with exchanging information with the other drivers involved.
- Contact an auto accident attorney: Contact Attorney David R. Heil in Orlando if you or a loved one are injured in an auto accident. Our experienced legal team will ensure your rights are protected.
What can a car accident attorney do?
Most drivers assume that insurance companies will provide them with everything they need after an accident. However, you could be left with major medical bills and out-of-pocket expenses that insurance companies will not pay for. An auto accident attorney can help ensure these additional costs are covered. Experienced Orlando Attorney, David R. Heil, would be honored to provide you with advice for your specific case during a consultation.
Do I need an Orlando car accident lawyer?
The I-4 Express lanes are a welcome addition to Orlando’s transportation options. However, accidents can still happen despite our best efforts. If you get involved in a car accident on the I-4 Express Lanes, contact David R. Heil, PA, to help ensure that you are compensated for your losses. Our goal is to help Orlando drivers receive the justice they deserve after a collision.Post keywords: car accident, car accident attorney, I-4 Express lanes