Slip and falls occur when an individual slips, trips, or falls down due to a hazardous condition on someone else’s property. They are surprisingly common in public areas like grocery stores, restaurants, malls, or even on public sidewalks.
Working with a Winter Park personal injury lawyer is important to ensure the compensation you deserve if you were harmed or injured in a slip and fall. David R. Heil, PA, can examine your case, file a lawsuit, and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get the funds needed to cover medical bills and other damages. Call our personal injury lawyer in Winter Park, FL, to learn about our services and get the process started.
What happens during a slip and fall?
A slip and fall may occur at any time and on any kind of property. They are usually the result of negligence on the part of the property owner or manager. For instance, someone could fall in a grocery store if the staff does not clean up a spill. The same may happen if a restaurant does not have good lighting or if an outdoor walkway is not properly maintained.
Our team members at Heil Law frequently help individuals who have encountered:
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Loose carpeting or floorboards
- Unsafe staircases
- Uneven sidewalks
A slip and fall may cause pain, severe damage, or disfigurement that requires extensive medical treatment. Treatment costs can become overwhelming quickly, especially if you cannot return to work in Winter Park, FL. Nobody should have to suffer from such a large and unexpected financial burden.
What should you do after a slip and fall?
- Seek medical attention immediately: This is an essential step, even if the damage seems minor. Some injuries, like concussions, may not show symptoms immediately.
- Take pictures: Take photos of the area or hazard that caused your fall. This will be helpful evidence if you decide to file a personal injury claim.
- Get witness information: Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to your slip and fall. Even a short testimony could be crucial in proving your case.
- Keep track of expenses: Save any medical bills, lost wages, or other expenses related to your accident. This will be helpful in calculating any damages you are owed.
How does a personal injury lawyer help with a slip and fall claim?
Those injured in a slip and fall can file a personal injury claim against the property owner or manager. They can provide compensation to cover expensive medical bills, lost wages, and other related damages. Because these claims tend to be complicated, it’s best to speak with a personal injury attorney about how to move forward.
Our team members at Heil Law help with tasks like investigating the accident, filing a lawsuit, and negotiating with an insurance company about compensation. We have a proven track record of success in personal injury claims in Winter Park, FL, and are dedicated to getting each client the best possible outcome.
Contact us in Winter Park, FL, for a consultation and learn how we can help with your slip and fall claim.Post keywords: lawyer, personal injury, personal injury attorney, slip and falls