Pharmacy Negligence Attorney in Orlando
If you or a loved one was seriously injured, or a loved one has died, due to a pharmacy error or a prescription mistake, you may be seeking answers to your legal questions. The Orlando law office of David Heil, P.A., may be of assistance to you.
Mistakes by pharmacies, pharmacy technicians and pharmacists are some of the most common reasons for medical malpractice claims. It is estimated that 1 in 1,000 prescription medications have the potential to cause life-threatening results or serious injuries. Medication mistakes are made about one million times a year in the U.S. Many of these mistakes lead to serious injury, and sometimes they cause a patient’s death.
Common types of pharmacy errors in the Orlando area include:
- Providing confusing or the wrong schedule for taking the medication.
- Prescribing a medication to a patient with known allergies.
- Confusing two medications with similar names.
- Administering medication to the wrong patient.
- Dispensing the wrong medication.
- Mixing up metric units with dosage units.
- Prescribing a medication that reacts adversely with another medication already prescribed.
- Dispensing the wrong dosage.
Hundreds of Floridians suffer adverse reactions due to medical negligence and prescription errors. If you or someone you know has suffered due to pharmaceutical negligence then: